Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Writing Workshop in Kindergarten

Ms. Weber has started Writer's Workshop in her kindergarten class. I have to admit....I was a bit nervous to see how Brooklyn would be able to participate. Well, again leave it to Ms. Weber to adapt! She asked me for a list of possible topics (and gathered some of her own from this blog.) She then gave Brooklyn choices of what she wanted to write about (via eye gaze.) She chose horses.
She then cut out words and statements that could be read to Brooklyn for her to create her sentances. She also provided pictures for Brooklyn to pick from to use in her book. Brooklyn's aide helped her with her choices and we ended up with this FANTASTIC book!



7 comments:

Danae Hudson said...

That is so cute! Her teacher is amazing.

The MacDonald Family said...

Love this Kelly! Great job in writers workshop Brookie, you make us all so proud!!!

Erica said...

Tears!!!

Amanda Ellis, MT-BC said...

Way to go Brooklyn! (and her teacher! :))

Ann Marie said...

That's awesome! Way to go Brooke!

Kelly Carr said...

Awesome stuff! I am getting a bit nervous about Kindergarten for Owen. Reading this post gives me peace and a reminder to keep praying for O's teacher. I pray she will adapt as well as sweet Brooklyn's does!

Hugs,
Kelly

Kelly said...

This is the other Kelly Carr! I'm finally catching up on some past blog reading. I love this book. How amazing are Brooklyn's teachers! And how awesome and creative Brooklyn is! I love seeing her shine! Kaelyn says hi to her!