Monday, March 30, 2009

Help us find our Cure!!

If you are a regular reader of this blog than you know my daughter Brooklyn has Rett Syndrome. You have watched over the past two years as Brooklyn lost her ability to crawl, walk, talk, and use her hands. You have followed our story and experience our heartache with us. We thank you for all of your love, support and prayer!
The good news is that recently scientists have given us great hope for our daughter's future - hope for possible treatments and even a cure. I can't even imagine how amazing it will be to get Brooklyn "back;" to have her hug me, talk to me, walk out to get the mail with me, simple everyday things that most moms get to experience everyday with their kids.
I know to some of you if might seem like I am always trying to raise money for Rett Syndrome. I guess the truth is.....I am. I want Rett Syndrome gone from my life. I want Brooklyn to be able to play dress up with her friends, run around the yard with her cousin Jackson, eat at the kids table at birthday parties, I want her to talk back to me and then also hear "I love you Mommy." I want her poor little body not to suffer everyday and for her to get out all the wonderful things she has to tell everybody!
This week is a big week for us! This Wednesday is Dress Up 2 Cure, it is an annual fundraiser that our family participates in to raise money for Rett Syndrome research. I know that times are tough financially for everyone. Believe me, I understand! I also know that we are getting closer by the day to finding a cure for this horrible disease! I tell Brooklyn everyday that I am doing everything I can to find her cure........but I need your help! Every $10, $25, $100 helps fund research that WILL give us our cure for Brooklyn and the thousands of other families that struggle each day as they watch Rett Syndrome take away so much from their girls.
I pray that you find it in your heart to donate what you can...team Brooklyn needs your support.....all of our girls do!
To donate click here.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

The kids at school were all excited about "dressing up 2 cure" tomorrow! Can't wait to see all the outfits.....should be some good ones. Hope this year's event helps with the cure!!!!!

Love & Hugs

Cheffie-Mom said...

I can't wait to hear how it went and see the pictures! Hugs!