Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am sure that most of us do not give thanks for all our blessings on a regular basis but for some reason today, Thanksgiving Day people take a moment to stop and think and give thanks. I have so much to be thankful for. A loving husband who supports me and is my rock with Brooklyn, a mother who spends her days full time making sure Brooklyn is well cared for, encouraged, and pushed to do her best daily, a sister who is a loving aunt to Brooklyn & would do anything for her (and me!) and who has the sweetest son that makes it his mission to make Brooklyn giggle whenever they are together. A father who can make Brooklyn smile just with the mention of his name, a school full of teachers, aides and therapists that adore my daughter and see her potential instead of her disability, and friends (near & far) that make me laugh when I need it the most and allow me to cry when I just can't hold it in anymore. My online friends nationwide who provide me with my daily smiles and inspiration, fellow Rett moms (some of whom have quickly become my dearest friends) there are not words of thanks great enough for you - we were unfortunate to have to meet but without you I would be lost: your advice, support, and strength keep me going. My church family and friends for your constant prayers for Brooklyn and my family without God's intervention in my life there would be no hope. For the researchers that spend their days hard at work searching for treatments towards a cure for Rett Syndrome, without you my future would seem dark. My boss who gave me the best job in the world - the ability to be home with my daughter and work full time funding research that might one day lead to a cure. The amazing Trine college girls (you know who you are) that babysit Brooklyn so that Charlie and I can get an occasional (and much needed) night out. The doctors both here locally and across this nation that help Brooklyn when I need them most and list goes on and on. To all of you.......thanks!

8 comments:

Grammy said...

Kelly, I am so thankful that your dad and I were able to move to Angola to be closer to you, your sister, and all the family. As I have said many times before, being with Brooklyn is the best "job" I have ever had. And you know - it is not a job but a BLESSING! She makes my day and lifts me up just with her smile and giggles. I might add, she is the best dance partner I have ever had! (sorry Pappy lol). xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Love to you all,
Mom aka Grammy

Carrie and Avery said...

Kelly, like I have said before, we are kindred spirits brought together through a horrible bond but I wouldnt trade the world for the friend I have found in you(well maybe if it meant that Avery didnt have Retts I would!) :)
Love ya!

Kelly Carr said...

God is good! I am thankful for your transparency and love for your family! Enjoy the day!

Love and Hugs,
Kelly Carr

Unknown said...

What a great list! I love it.

Well, when we come visit this winter I'll bring a few things from my pantry for us to eat. Any requests?

Unknown said...

The last comment was from me Susy not Brian I'm on his computer at my mom's house.

Rebecca said...

Kelly,
So well said. We do have so much to be thankful for today. I am feeling a bit more thankful that usual this year...Thankful that Caitlyn has two healthy parents that love her dearly. Thankful to have met such wonderful people across the country...Thankyou for being our friend...

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I am so thankful you, Charlie and Brooklyn are in our lives and such great friends. Happy Thanksgiving. Kirk, janet, Brady and Brent

Alisa said...

Kelly,
Your post brought tears to my eyes! I'm thankful that our paths have crossed online and we can share our joys and our sorrows through the many words we type. Many, many hugs from not so far away!
The Parker's