Thursday, May 1, 2008

WARNING: mad mother about to vent!

As many of you know we are still waiting on Brooklyn's wheelchair. We were told the process is a 14 to 16 week process we are still in that time frame - today is exactly 14 weeks from our initial home visit with National Seating Inc.
However....last night I received an email from them saying:
Mrs. Butler:
Sorry I didn’t get back to right away. I was checking into the status for you.
There was some confusion and it was inputted that Brooklyn had Special Childrens and when I called to follow-up on the request that was submitted, I found out she does not. I do apologize for the inconvience.
I also wanted to reverify your insurance to make sure there has not been anything put towards the deductible since was originally verified. Nothing has been met towards the $400.00 deductible, so the amount that you would be responsible for is: $1,492.92. That includes the deductible and then the 30% co-payment from insurance.
Our company does require at least a 25% down payment (which would be $373.23) for ordering the equipment. The remaining balance ($1119.69) would then be due at delivery of equipment.
You can do the payment by a check (I can send you a receipt) or also by credit card. We accept Visa, MaterCard, American Express, and Discover.
If you have any further questions, please let me know and I would be happy to assist you.
Thank you.

First, she is apologizing because I had left three voice mail messages and two emails before receiving this detailed email. Second, we are being told to pay almost $400 before the wheelchair will even be ordered. I am sorry, we THOUGHT it had already BEEN ordered. Third and MOST IMPORTANTLY, we have been approved through our insurance for 100% coverage since sometime in February. Grrrrrr
I have been on the phone with 3 separate representatives from our insurance company all of them assure me we are covered 100% and we should have NO out of pocket costs. Not even the deductible. I am waiting to hear back from our National Seating rep who is calling our insurance to "get things figured out." At this point I am not sure why I have not heard back from them seeing how I have reached my insurance THREE times since I talked with National Seating. What a nightmare!
Thanks for letting me vent....to be continued.....

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I swear there must be something in the air lately!! The words "why does everything have to be so difficult?!" have left my lips more times than I can even count lately!! It's hard enough trying to do everything right buy our daughters but I am seriously starting to believe that all these people that are supposed to "help" want to make us jump through a million hoops to prove just how much we want something. You know because we have all this extra time on our hands that we don't know what to do with. Wow - okay sorry to take over your venting with my own. Little prayers going out that this gets straightened out quickly!

The Land of Leckrone said...

How frustrating! Hang in there Kel!