Wednesday, September 28, 2011

October...a time for Awareness!

October in my house since 2005 has meant Rett Syndrome Awareness and it still does of course, however now Rett Syndrome has to share the spotlight with Down Syndrome. Who knew as I entered into my "mommy" stage of life that October would no longer just mean trick or treat and pumpkin carvings but rather shouting from the roof tops to educate the world about my kids. Actually......What are the odds that both of my kids would be special needs AND that "their" awareness months would both fall in October?
Believe me...I would give just about anything to NOT be raising awareness as horrible as that sounds! (Or I should say I wish I was not raising awareness for syndromes that have affected my family so deeply.)
That being said...
OCTOBER IS RETT SYNDROME and DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS MONTH!!!
I am asking all of my blogger friends to help me in raising awareness in honor of Brooklyn and Boston! Please share this blog as well as Boston's!
If you want to make this month extra special you can even make a donation towards Rett Syndrome Research in honor of Brooklyn by clicking HERE.
I hope to be sharing lots of facts, videos, and research news regarding Rett Syndrome here over the next month so be sure to check back!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for writing these blogs. I have learned so much about Rett Syndrome and Down Syndrome because of them. I started reading your blog, while researching for a project and between your blog and a few others it has been a great way to learn about Rett Syndrome (when I started reading I knew extremely little about Rett Syndrome). I just wanted to let you know that you are doing a great job with bringing awareness about Rett Syndrome and Down Syndrome and because of that I made a small donation in honor of both your kids and your family will have my continued prayers. You and your kids are making a real positive impact on the world, even if you don't always get to see your influence. :)