Monday, March 8, 2010

Hanging with the Hardings!

I am having a great time in Amelia Island! It has been so wonderful to get to spend some time with Ingrid's daughter Sarah (who also has Rett Syndrome.) She is so great. I am always amazed at how different our girls are - but yet how similar they are! Her smile just warms up my heart. I got to take her to school today and see her classroom, she is surrounded my kiddos and staff that love her and believe in her which is so fantastic to see. I also spent some time reading with Gretchen, Sarah's younger sister and might I say....one fantastic little reader!

and a huge cuddle bug....I love it!
Ingrid and I put together Sarah's swing yesterday afternoon. Sarah loves swinging just as much as Brooklyn does! Who wouldn't love swinging by the pool, with the breeze blowing through your hair :) Although....it was quite chilly yesterday!
Of course it has not been all play and no work :) We had an amazing Girl Power 2 Cure Executive Board meeting all day Saturday. They are an inspiring, dedicated group of people that I am so fortunate to have working on behalf of my daughter and all the kiddos suffering with Rett Syndrome! Being here with Ingrid has been amazing and we are SO ready for April our Dress Up 2 Cure 2010 Campaign!
I have to admit having a few days without looking at a snow covered ground has been pretty nice too....back to reality tomorrow!

No comments: