Sunday, August 3, 2008

Women of Faith Conference

The conference was AMAZING! I am so thankful that Kylie had an extra ticket and thought to invite me! I loved every second of the weekend. The speakers were inspiring, the music was powerful and the time spent with the women from my church was fantastic! I plan on making this an annual event.
I know this blog is mostly about Brooklyn and our life with Rett Syndrome but sometimes I put a little bit of me on here to and this is one of those times. ALL of you who faithfully read this blog know that I am a believer and to be honest, I know that my faith in God keeps me going through the tough times. It is what got me through all the testing and tears as we waited patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) to receive the diagnosis.
My faith is also what gives me such hope for Brooklyn's future. Whether that be that God places on some researchers heart the cure for this horrible condition or if it is just continued diligence to work with doctors and therapists to give Brooklyn the best we can. I know that God will walk this journey with me and give me the hope and strength to love Brooklyn and be her voice, her advocate, her fighter.
It can be an exhausting life day to day but the blessings I receive from my daughter are amazing and the love I have learned from her is awe-inspiring! I am thankful though for weekends like this that I can "re-energize." Thank you also to Charlie for taking such great care of Brooklyn while I was gone, she LOVES her daddy!!

2 comments:

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

Amen! Such wonderful thoughts. I'm glad you had a good time at the conference. I could sure use a weekend like that about now!

Colleen said...

I am so glad that you got a chance to do that for yourself. Brooklyn is blessed to have a mom like you. I think that our girls teach us so much about the character of Christ, but you have to remember to seek it.