Saturday, June 28, 2008

Brooklyn's Benefit

I am speechless.
Brooklyn's benefit last night was in one word "amazing!" We do not have an official count but the girls tell me based on the silent auction "bidders" and the number of dinners sold there were between 350 and 400 people there last night. That is just unbelievable to me. It was so touching, the amount of love shown to our little girl last night was incredible! The night raised over $13,000 dollars. I can barely type that amount, it is amazing to me. We are so blessed to have such support from our family, friends, our church, and our small town. The money will be placed in her trust to be used for adaptive equipment or other medical costs that come down the road, a big cost in a year or two will also be an adaptive van as well.
The words "thank you" just do not seem to cover it. God showed us his love last night through so many people! Rett Syndrome has taken away so much from our family and this past year has been tough. (Really, really tough.) However, nights like last night show us how many people love us and it that support that enables us to stay strong. Thank you to everyone!

Brooklyn making her "entrance" to HER party

The Centerpieces One of many silent auction tables
Brooklyn dancing with one of her friends
The corporate donor thank you board

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a HUGE blessing, I am speechless and I was not even there! I can only imagine the feelings of gratitude you have for so many people that love you, Charlie and Brooklyn. I love the body of Christ as they rally around to provide for one another.

She looked beautiful in her dress as she entered her "ball".

Hugs,
Kelly

Rebecca said...

That's amazing!!!! Eric says that's the problem, we don't live in a small town. I am so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow, incredible!! I'm so happy for you all!

The Land of Leckrone said...

That is so amazing! You have made quite an impact Miss Brooklyn! We love you and wish we could have been there!