Thursday, March 6, 2008

I came across this blog in my google alert this morning. It is a photographer's blog; the pictures and her words touched me this morning. The title of her post is "Close to Heaven." She says "In Les Miserables, one of my favorite Broadway musicals, there is a line sung at the end of the play. I think about it often, "To love another person is to see the face of God." The family members related to these "silent angels" see the face of God every time they look at their daughters."

I could not say it better myself. I hope you take a moment to look at the amazing photos she took.

5 comments:

Doris said...

It's so funny, I know that blog from a totally non-Rett source. I've read that blog because she's done a photo shoot with a wedding photographer whose work I really admire. Isn't it such a small connected world?

Carrie and Avery said...

Kelly, darn you! You should have warned us that it would be a blog worthy of several tissues! I needed a good cry, thanks for giving me the opportunity!

Alisa said...

That was beautiful.. what wonderful photo's that capture the precious spirit of each girl photographed. Also, a BIG THANK YOU for donating to our walk. You are so thoughtful!! You know how important funding for research is. Lots of hugs from our home to yours!

Kelly said...

Beautiful. Thanks for linking. yes, tear-inducing as well.

Amanda Tomaszewski said...

I found a link to your blog in the comment you posted on the photographer's blog, I'm a former student of hers. I read all of your blog entires a few nights ago, and just want to let you know that I will be keeping up with them. Brooklyn is a beautiful and smart girl, and she is so lucky to have parents like you. You're right, you do definitely have an angel.

--Amanda