Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Testing follow up

What a bad mom...
I have had her test results from Lutheran Hospital and have not shared them with all of you! Her EKG was NORMAL....what a blessing, we can mark that concern off the list. The Upper GI also came back "normal;" we are however already treating her acid reflux with Prevacid which I think has made MAJOR improvements for her. The final test was the swallow study. She has normal "swallow function" but is delayed in her chewing quite a bit "for her age." Basically what this means is that we continue doing what we do - feeding her tiny pieces that if she does not get them chewed well enough she will not choke if they accidentally go down whole. But - this all means NO talks of feeding tubes any time soon....YEA!!!!
Also, I want to thank my mother in law (and Nana) Dana. She is a nurse and introduced us to a wonderful new juice from Enlive. It is an apple juice that packs 300 calories and TONS of nutrition. Brooklyn loves it! (I actually get it through our local Walgreens pharmacy cheaper than on the link I listed but I could not find it on Walgreens website.) I recommend it for all of our "light weights!"

3 comments:

Chiot's Run said...

Glad to hear all tests came back well!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!

The Land of Leckrone said...

That is so great!!! We are so happy your test results came back well!!!