Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Extended School Year

Miss Nancy came today, she is the head of Brooklyn's AT/Communication team and we love her already! She brought some AMAZING things for Brooklyn to try out. My absolute favorite by far is this communication purse.
On the inside there are six compartments to organize her communication symbols and the outside material allows you to Velcro her choices on. Now, we can easily take lots of choices with us when we are on the go! I know her friends at church are going to think this is just TOO cool!!

She also worked with Brooklyn on some online stories using switches as well.
This is a place mat for us to use during meals to initiate conversation
And this creative piece can go in the tub with Brooklyn! It is one of those foam knee pads that gardeners use, that has communication pictures taped to it and then the entire thing is wrapped in clear packing tape to make it water proof! It will allow Brooklyn to make choices in the tub!
I am sure that there will be MANY more ideas to come throughout the summer so check in often!!

11 comments:

kristin said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your purse Brooklyn!!! Whoever thought of that is amazing! Stylish AND functional...what every girl needs !!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Brooklyn what a cool and clever idea!!I can't wait to use all these things with ya. How cool is that.

Anonymous said...

I love all these communication devices. But the purse is my favorite!

Carrie and Avery said...

love it!

Kevin Carr said...

Amazing! Love it all! I love creative people and all the things we have for our kiddos.

Hugs,
Kelly and Owen

Brittney Withers said...

How cool! Love it!

The Mounce family said...

I love the purse! Super Duper inc has such awesome products. Is she responding well to all of the Boardmaker pictures?

Girl Power 2 Cure said...

this is so awesome Kelly!

Samantha said...

That purse is darling!!

Dominique said...

What amazing creative ideas!! Can't wait to see what else Brooklyn is up to this summer :)

Laurie said...

My best friend, Dominique (Cata's mom) just referred me to your blog - WOW, that purse is the coolest thing ever. My sons would be so envious (I'm actually serious, they're going through a bit of a purse craze;)!! Fashion AND function...pretty cool Brooklyn.